Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome to the party, Fun Bobby!


And if you've ever watched "Friends," you know of whom I speak. More on that later.

I can't imagine a more self-indulgent exercise than writing a blog so I will just say I am doing it for the most beneficent of reasons.

Money. Lots of it.

I am running my first marathon ... might I add one of my first races EVER ... in San Francisco in October 2009. I joined up with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. They get to hear me bitch, moan and complain every time I chug Harlem Hill in Central Park and in return, I try to raise as much money as humanly possible for their cause. And it's a damned good one.

In fact ... do not read any further until you visit my official fundraising page HERE.

Have you donated yet? Great! You get to continue reading:

I'm starting this blog nearly two months into my training. Too bad for you ... you've missed out on the details of how I learned that coffee isn't always your friend before a long run ... or how I discovered the best way to combat chafing on my inner thighs.

But I digress.

My biggest accomplishment to date has been learning to be human (read:sober) on Friday nights. You see, Saturdays are "long run" days. That means as I get closer to marathon day, I will be running double-digits. And I run with my TNT group at 7am.

(Here is where those who know me will chuckle, guffaw, LOL.)

I have been known to imbibe (pickle?) from time to time. And there really is nothing better than enjoying a nice bottle(s) of Pinot after a long work week. But alas, I have noticed since turning 28 last year that I simply cannot drink my face off and get up 5 hours later.

So I have given up Friday nights altogether. Thus ... I am now Fun Bobby.

And ... what the what??!! I'm totally enjoying it. Who the eff knew I had it in me?

No comments:

Post a Comment