Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm Here!




Mike and I arrived in Chicago Friday afternoon and I hit the expo just long enough to buy a bunch of Nike stuff I don't need. Score!

Had a great dinner with Andrew and Leslie (I really hate being the only person at the table not drinking.) and now I'm up and ready for a slow and easy 30 minute run. I'm trying not to get freaked out with how unusually hot here it is for mid-October. Temps are expected to be in the 80's all weekend. Good thing I plan on finishing the marathon under 3 hours when it's still cool.

OMG can you imagine?

But about that. That is all I heard yesterday at the expo. Little snatches of conversation everywhere about adjusting planned clothing and adjusting time expectations - all because of the weather. I keep trying to remind myself that I trained all summer in the oppressive heat and humidity we got in New York. If I do hill repeats in that crap, I think I can take 80 degrees in Chicago.

Yeah!

But other than that, I'm truly excited to be here. There's such a buzz in the air and I love being around all the other runners who are as jacked as I am to just hit the course and see where the morning takes us.

Well, it takes us to the finish line at Grant Park - I meant that figuratively.

I'll attempt to blog about my day of rest so that all my readers (hi, Tina!) can be updated.




1 comment:

  1. Ahh so excited for you! You are going to rock this, 80 degrees or not! I mean, it wasn't that different in SF was it?

    ReplyDelete